Institution Where Taught
University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign
Web Address (URL)
Detailed examination of the theoretical and practical issues of archaeological heritage management. Focusing on the legal, environmental, ethical, social, political, educational, and touristic aspects of the management of ancient sites for their continued sustainability.
The course listing can be found on the seventh page of the anthropology course catalog. Please contact department for further information.
Additional tags: sustainability; tourism; archaeological heritage management
RPA Codes & Standards
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Employers and Clients
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
- Principle 2: Responsibility for the conservation of the historic environment
- Principle 4: Responsibility for the availability of archaeological results within reasonable dispatch
Keywords & Terms
- Environmental Impact and Issues
- Impact on Communities - Local, Descendant, etc.
- International Law
- Local, State, Federal, and Tribal Laws
- Management of Cultural Resources, Heritage, History
- Public Interest, Collaboration, Education, and Outreach
- Respect for and Responsibility to Affected Groups