Heritage, Economy, and Ethics
Institution Where Taught
Web Address (URL)
This course examines the ethics and reasons for the current heritage boom. It will be of interest to students in anthropology, public history, and museum work.
Short description available through the course listings for the Department of Anthropology at McMaster University. Please contact department for further information.
RPA Codes & Standards
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Employers and Clients
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
- Principle 1: Adherence to ethical and responsible behaviour in archaeological affairs
- Principle 2: Responsibility for the conservation of the historic environment
- Principle 3: Responsibility for acquiring and recording reliable information of the past in archaeological research
Keywords & Terms
- Management of Cultural Resources, Heritage, History
- Museum, Collection, Curation and Display Standards