Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW): Bringing Awareness through the Power of Student Activism
Journal of Indigenous Research
Isaacs, Devon S. and Young, Amanda R.
Month of Publication
Year of Publication
Web Address (URL)
Utah State University Digital Commons
"Public awareness surrounding violence perpetrated against Native American women and girls- an epidemic known as Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW)- is beginning to increase in needed ways. However, the numbers are clear there is still much work to be done."
RPA Codes & Standards
Keywords & Terms
- Adequate Preparation
- Avoid, Discourage, and Report Unethical and Illegal Activity
- Burials and Human Remains
- General Archaeological Ethics
- Impact on Communities - Local, Descendant, etc.
- Professional Relationships and Communication
- Public Interest, Collaboration, Education, and Outreach
- Respect for and Responsibility to Affected Groups