Iowa Archaeological Society
Full Date(s) of Adoption and/or Amendment
Amended April 19, 1996
Web Address (URL)
The purpose of the Iowa Archaeology society is to:
- To unite those interested in the archaeology of Iowa.
- To foster cooperation among professional and amateur archaeologists.
- To promote the study, investigation, and interpretation of prehistoric and historic remains in Iowa.
- To provide for the dissemination of knowledge and research in archaeology and related disciplines.
- To encourage the recording and preservation of sites and artifacts.
- To develop a constructive attitude toward these cultural resources through education and public involvement.
RPA Codes & Standards
- Adequate Preparation for Research Projects
- Appropriate Dissemination of Research
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
- Integrity of Research Methodology
- Maintaining Continuity of Records
- Principle 3: Responsibility for acquiring and recording reliable information of the past in archaeological research
- Principle 4: Responsibility for the availability of archaeological results within reasonable dispatch
Keywords & Terms
- Adequate and Responsible Reporting, Publication, and Dissemination
- Continuity of Records
- General Archaeological Ethics
- Integrity of Research Methodology and Field Procedures
- Preservation of Archaeological Resources
- Professional Standards
- Promotion of Archaeological Research/Archaeology as Scientific Discipline