Cultural Property Repatriation News and Issues
Web Address (URL)
Type of Source
A blog about the return to the 'source country' of cultural property removed before the implementation of the 1970 UNESCO Convention, treated separately from the issue of ongoing looting and theft.
Blog by Paul Barford on the international collection and trade of portable antiquties.
RPA Codes & Standards
- Principle 1: Adherence to ethical and responsible behaviour in archaeological affairs
- Principle 3: Responsibility for acquiring and recording reliable information of the past in archaeological research
Keywords & Terms
- Adequate and Responsible Reporting, Publication, and Dissemination
- International Law
- Local, State, Federal, and Tribal Laws
- Management of Cultural Resources, Heritage, History