The Oxford Papyri Scandal: "a crime against culture and knowledge of immense proportions"
Month of Post Publication
Year of Post Publication
Web Address (URL)
Type of Source
Museum of the Bible, Oxford, papyri
From the author: "It will be interesting to see what information was reviewed by the relevant Oxford research ethics committee when the funding for the project was scrutinised."
RPA Codes & Standards
- Principle 1: Adherence to ethical and responsible behaviour in archaeological affairs
- Principle 2: Responsibility for the conservation of the historic environment
Keywords & Terms
- Adequate and Responsible Reporting, Publication, and Dissemination
- Avoid, Discourage, and Report Unethical and Illegal Activity
- Looting, Collecting, and Illicit Trade of Cultural Property