Institution Where Taught
Indiana University Bloomington
Year Course Taught
Web Address (URL)
Explores ideas of freedom, containment and contact through a wide range of historical and fictive captivity narratives from the U.S. and beyond. Using perspectives from anthropology, literature and film, the course includes texts about slavery, prison, mental hospitals, wartime kidnappings.
RPA Codes & Standards
- Adequate Preparation for Research Projects
- Appropriate Dissemination of Research
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
Keywords & Terms
- Armed Conflict and Violence
- Avoid, Discourage, and Report Unethical and Illegal Activity
- Impact on Communities - Local, Descendant, etc.