Archaeology, Ethics, and Contemporary Society
Institution Where Taught
Web Address (URL)
Ethical issues in the practice of archaeology; focus on developing archaeological materials relevant to contemporary society. Why the study of the past is relevant to the present; examination of ethical issues in archaeology as they arise during the field work experience.
Short course description provided on Northwestern's graduate and undergraduate course description pages. The URL above directs you to the graduate page. Please contact department for further information.
RPA Codes & Standards
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Employers and Clients
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
Keywords & Terms
- Public Interest, Collaboration, Education, and Outreach
- Respect for and Responsibility to Affected Groups
- Standards of Data Collection, Recordation, Analysis