Institution Where Taught
University of Northern Colorado
Web Address (URL)
Covers cultural resource management, heritage law, outreach and education, stewardship of cultural heritage, research aimed at helping communities and solving practical problems, and building and maintaining relationships with the public.
Course description available on the university's undergraduate course catalog. Please contact the Anthropology department for further information.
Additional tags: cultural resource management; heritage law; public archaeology
RPA Codes & Standards
- Adequate Preparation for Research Projects
- Appropriate Dissemination of Research
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Employers and Clients
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
- Integrity of Research Methodology
- Procedures for Field Survey or Excavation
Keywords & Terms
- Adequate and Responsible Reporting, Publication, and Dissemination
- Consultation/Partnership with Affected Groups
- Impact on Communities - Local, Descendant, etc.
- Local, State, Federal, and Tribal Laws
- Management of Cultural Resources, Heritage, History
- Public Interest, Collaboration, Education, and Outreach
- Respect for and Responsibility to Affected Groups
- Standards of Data Collection, Recordation, Analysis