Policies, Practices and Archaeology in Historic Preservation
Institution Where Taught
University of West Florida
Web Address (URL)
Legislation and regulations concerning cultural resources and the historic preservation system. Also covers compliance archaeology, contract archaeology, ethics, collecting, looting and the role of Native Americans and ethnic groups.
Short course description available on the Department of Anthropology course listing. Please contact department for further information.
Additional tags: historic preservation; compliance archaeology; contract archaeology; cultural resource management
RPA Codes & Standards
- Adequate Preparation for Research Projects
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Employers and Clients
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
- Integrity of Research Methodology
- Procedures for Field Survey or Excavation
Keywords & Terms
- Employer/Client Relationships
- Impact on Communities - Local, Descendant, etc.
- Indigenous, Tribal, Aboriginal Rights
- Integrity of Research Methodology and Field Procedures
- Local, State, Federal, and Tribal Laws
- Looting, Collecting, and Illicit Trade of Cultural Property
- Management of Cultural Resources, Heritage, History
- Preservation of Archaeological Resources
- Professional Standards