Ethical Issues in Archaeology
Institution Where Taught
University of Alaska-Anchorage
Web Address (URL)
Examination of the ethical issues that confront archaeologists and the responsibilities they have to the public, the discipline, their colleagues, and members of the cultures with whom they are working. Students will encounter ethical dilemmas likely to appear on the job.
Short course descriptions available on the Anthropology department website. Please contact department for further information.
RPA Codes & Standards
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Colleagues, Employees, and Students
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to Employers and Clients
- Archaeologist's Responsibility to the Public
Keywords & Terms
- Professional Relationships and Communication
- Public Interest, Collaboration, Education, and Outreach
- Respect for and Responsibility to Affected Groups