Ethics and Archaeology: The Attempt at Çatalhöyük
Near Eastern Archaeology
Year of Publication
Web Address (URL)
Ian Hodder discusses the ethical implications of the varying and at times conflicting interests of different stakeholder groups involved with Çatalhöyük.
Additional tags: Çatalhöyük; stakeholder groups; dialogue
RPA Codes & Standards
Keywords & Terms
- Adequate Preparation
- Consultation/Partnership with Affected Groups
- Culturally Significant and/or Sacred Sites, Objects, and Places
- Impact on Communities - Local, Descendant, etc.
- Management of Cultural Resources, Heritage, History
- Public Interest, Collaboration, Education, and Outreach
- Respect for and Responsibility to Affected Groups